IPL – Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
IPL Pre Treatment Instructions
- Avoid Tanning and direct sun exposure for 2 weeks prior to each treatment.
- Apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater every day for the duration of treatments.
- Apply Topical products as instructed prior to treatment to prepare the skin.
- Discontinue use of any products containing high strength alpha hydroxy acids (such as glycolic and lactic acids) and prescription retinoids (such as Retin-A) 1-2 weeks prior to treatment if being used on the area of treatment
- Consult with your personal physician before starting treatment if any skin lesions in the treatment areas have changed, itched, or bled.
- Treatment areas must be free of any open sores, lesions, or skin infections.
- Please leave a test patch of hair so we can evaluate the coarseness and color
IPL Post Treatment Instructions
- Redness and Erythema (swelling around the laser site) is a normal response to treatment and may be seen for 24-48 hours post-treatment.
- Darker spots may give the appearance of “peppering” and may be present for 2 weeks post-procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Wear SPF 30 or greater daily and continue to use daily hyperpigmentation skin care treatment.
- Lotion can be applied for rehydration as well as Aloe Vera.
- If crusting develops, allow it to fall off naturally; do not pick.
- Avoid swimming, sports or strenuous exercise for the first day after treatment until any redness, crusting or blisters have resolved.
If any issues, call the office at (519) 915-4514