Intense Pulse Light Photofacial
The Sheerwave IPL360 is used to treat lighter skin types using a non-invasive, non-ablative skincare treatment that utilizes pulses of high-intensity visible light to improve various skin conditions. It treats conditions such as broken capillaries, brown spots, sun damage, rosacea, and acne. On its anti-aging function, it also stimulates the production of collagen which plumps the skin and gives a fresher look for refining and tightening large pores.
Intense Pulse Light uses a wide spectrum of light wavelength to treat skin problems, Intense Pulse Light techniques allows to treat of multiple skin issues depending on the wavelength, moreover, Intense Pulse Light only destroys the unwanted cells making the recovery time much less and preserving important parts of the skin or the area that is being treated. Due to the controlled nature of the treatment, the Intense Pulse Light treatment offers high-quality results with minimum damage to other parts of the skin.
Intense Pulse Light vs Laser Treatments
Intense Pulse Light and laser treatments do fall into the same category because certain skin conditions are treatable by laser but Intense Pulse Light has its own benefits, and the difference between these two can help you under the offerings of Intense Pulse Light better.
Intense Pulse Light
- Many different wavelengths
- Intense Pulse Light devices feature a bigger treatment window and so can cover a much larger area at once, meaning a much faster treatment time in comparison to the laser.
- Less painful as the light is spread across the skin surface
- Intense Pulse Light light doesn’t need much energy to generate, and hence the treatment cost is lower than laser.
- Intense Pulse Light is safer than laser, as Intense Pulse Light has low energy in it.
- Covers a larger area of the skin
- Just one wavelength
- Because the beam of light used in laser treatments is very concentrated, the treatment is slower than Intense Pulse Light
- More painful as light is targeted towards a single spot on the skin
- Laser treatments need more energy, and hence they come with a heavy price tag.
- The laser can be dangerous as the laser beam has high energy in it.
- Covers a smaller area of the skin
- Unwanted hair growth
- Age spots
- Acne Scars
- Rosacea, a condition that causes redness of the face
- Hyperpigmentation, including liver or age spots and freckles
- Melasma, a condition causing brown or gray-brown skin patches
- Spider Veins
- Stretch Marks
- Sun-damaged skin
Benefits of IPL:
Intense Pulse Light has many benefits because of its quick recovery time and the tendency to treat a large area of the skin with the lowest energy level possible.
Safe: Intense Pulse Light is safe because it is non-invasive and the risk of infection is less.
Convenient: Intense Pulse Light doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and can be performed in a short period of time at the customer’s convenience.
Affordable: Intense Pulse Light is affordable as the device we use which is Sheerwave IPL360 is one the most advanced device that is used for Intense Pulse Light treatments.
Higher Accuracy: Intense Pulse Light targets the colors of the skin pigments and treats only the specific parts, resulting in higher accuracy of the treatment.
Painless: Intense Pulse Light is not painful at all, as there is no damage to the skin, no bleeding, or no surgery. Intense Pulse Light works under the layer of the skin, the patients hardly notice anything during the treatment.
Less Recovery Time: Intense Pulse Light doesn’t require long recovery periods, the process happens underneath the skin and hence the recovery is fast as fewer factors affect the under the skin healing process as compared to over the skin.
Book An Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Does intense pulsed light therapy work?
Yes, the therapy works, in some cases, multiple treatments are needed for the desired result. IPL helps to improve the color and texture of your skin without the use for surgery. In IPL treatment, the skin is exposed to high intensity of light pulses, the heat generated during this process destroys the unwanted cells for the problem that is being treated for.
How many IPL treatments does it take to see results?
It depends upon the case, but it can take more than 4 to 6 treatments to see results.
What is intense pulsed light Photo facial?
Intense pulsed light is also known as photofacial, and is commonly used to undo skin damage caused by sun exposure. IPL is also used to treat skin problems like broken capillaries, brown spots, rosacea, and acne.