Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Your body’s hormones control most of your basic bodily functions. They serve as an internal communication system between cells throughout the body. They coordinate everything from digestion and growth to your appetite, immune function, mood, and libido. So, when your hormones are out of balance, even slightly, it can have a big impact on your health and well-being.
BHRT can be used to treat men and women when their hormone levels drop or become unbalanced. It’s most frequently used to ease symptoms of urinary incontinence, PCOS, PMDD, PMS, perimenopause and menopause. It may also be used to improve symptoms of cancer treatment or to treat conditions such as:
- Insulin Resistance,
- Adrenal & Thyroid Disorders,
BHRT Patient Review
What is BHRT?
Unlike traditional hormone replacement therapy, which uses synthetic hormones, BHRT therapy uses hormones that are structurally identical to the hormones naturally produced by the body. This allows for a more natural and individualized approach to hormone replacement therapy, as the hormones used are tailored to each patient’s unique needs.
Why is BHRT important?
As we age, our hormone levels naturally decline, which can lead to a range of symptoms, including:
- Fatigue and low energy
- Mood swings, depression, and anxiety
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Weight gain and difficulty losing weight
- Low libido and sexual dysfunction
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Memory loss and cognitive decline
- Dry skin, hair loss, and brittle nails
If you’re interested in learning more about BHRT therapy and how it can improve your health and well-being, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping you achieve optimal health!
Who is the Best Fit for BHRT?
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a specialized treatment designed to address imbalances in the body’s hormone levels. Hormones play a crucial role in regulating various bodily functions, from digestion and growth to mood, libido, and immune function.
Individuals who may benefit from BHRT include:
- Men and Women Experiencing Hormonal Imbalances: BHRT can be beneficial for both men and women whose hormone levels have dropped or become unbalanced due to various reasons.
- Symptoms of Menopause and Perimenopause: Women going through the transitional phases of menopause or perimenopause and experiencing symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, and sleep disturbances might find relief with BHRT.
- Reproductive Health Concerns: Those suffering from conditions like urinary incontinence, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD), and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) can consider BHRT as a treatment option.
- Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Individuals undergoing cancer treatments and experiencing hormonal symptoms can benefit from BHRT.
Bioidentical hormone replacement pellets are little, rice-sized pellets that are inserted beneath the skin and deliver a specified amount of hormones over several months. Pellets are the one-and-only testosterone or estrogen hormone replacement therapy that is thought to be long-term and maintains its efficacy 24 hours a day for several months.
Menopausal Hormone Therapy (Females)
During menopause, decreased levels of the estrogen and progesterone hormones may cause some of the following menopause symptoms: discomfort, hot flashes, difficulties sleeping, decreased energy levels, and can even affect emotional health. Menopausal Hormone Therapy is a treatment that includes medications that artificially boost hormone levels to alleviate the symptoms associated with menopause and perimenopause to make this difficult transition more comfortable.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (Males)
Testosterone or Androgen Replacement Therapy is a hormone treatment provided to males as a testosterone booster to increase testosterone and lessen the effects of the decrease in hormones associated with normal male aging. Additionally, Hormone Replacement Therapy is used for men who have erectile dysfunction, Low Libido, or lost some or all of their testicular function due to disease, cancer, or other causes.
Book An Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to see BHRT results?
As one of our patients mentioned in the video, it took her 1 month to see results. It can sometimes take 2 months to see results depending on the treatment and journey you’re on.
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
BHRT is a treatment that uses hormones that are identical on a molecular level to the natural hormones found in the human body. It’s designed to address imbalances in the body’s hormone levels.
How is BHRT different from traditional hormone replacement therapy?
Unlike traditional hormone therapies that use synthetic or animal-derived hormones, BHRT uses hormones derived from plant sources that are biologically identical to those produced by the human body.
How is the dosage determined for BHRT?
Dosage is typically determined based on individual hormone testing, symptoms, medical history, and other factors. It’s personalized to meet the specific needs of each patient. Our doctors will do all the different assignments to ensure a healthy journey.
Can men also benefit from BHRT?
Yes, BHRT is not just for women. Men experiencing symptoms related to testosterone decline or other hormonal imbalances can also benefit from BHRT.
What are the symptoms/conditions of hormone imbalance?
Hormone imbalance symptoms & conditions may include:
- Muscle or Bone Density Reduction
- Feelings of Despondency
- Frequent Mood Shifts
- Struggling with Weight Management
- Skin Breakouts
- Persistent Tiredness
- Challenges with Sleep Patterns
- Forgetfulness Episodes
- Brain Fog and Concentration Issues
- Joint Discomfort and Rigidity
- Migraines and Regular Headaches
- Episodes of Anxiety and Panic
- Heartbeat Irregularities
- Overactive Sweat Glands
- Water Retention and Bloating
- Signs of Skin Aging
- Concerns with Thyroid Function
- Thinning or Hair Loss
- Unusual Hair Growth Patterns
- Reduced Bone Strength
- History of Multiple Miscarriages
- Presence of Uterine Fibroids
- Endometrial Complications
- Tenderness in Breasts Due to Fibrocystic Changes