What are Vitamin IV Drips: Benefits, Uses, and Best Timing
IV therapy may have gained popularity now amongst the general populous; however, this is nothing new and has been in practice for centuries. Doctors first attempted to inject medication through IV in the 1600s; however, due to poor sterilization, this practice was abandoned. During the 1st World War, IV therapy again gained attention as a need for faster drug delivery arose. In the 1960’s Dr Myers developed his famous vitamin and mineral cocktail. It later underwent many modifications and is now popularly known as Vitamin Drip Therapy.
Why should you get Vitamin drip therapy?
Initially, vitamin drips were reserved for hospital use to hydrate severally dehydrated and replenish malnourished patients who could not take medications orally.
However, owing to modifications and medical advances, IV vitamin drip can now also be used to boost the overall wellness and energy levels of normal healthy individuals.
IV injections provide the body with necessary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants such as Vitamin C, D, B complex, and Biotin to ensure better functioning and improved health.
IV vitamin therapy is given through veins, which means the medications directly enter the bloodstream, contributing to faster and much more efficient absorption.
Even if you are healthy and maintain a good diet but still feel lethargic or generally off, it can be because your body lacks essential vitamins. IV drips provide your body with crucial vitamin replenishment and hydration, which allow you to be at the top of your overall health.
There are many options for you to choose from. At B at the Top Medical Aesthetics, we offer our valued patients the following vitamin drips:
- Immune IV Vitamindrip – includes critical vitamins like A and D along with high levels of vitamins B and C for an immunity boost.
- Radiance IV Vitamindrip – includes a potent combination of amino acids such as Arginine, Histidine, Methionine, Lysine, and Glutamic Acid, which triggers the body to produce Glutathione. Glutathione is an antioxidant that prevents cellular damage by neutralizing free radicals, reducing signs of aging, and revealing glowing skin.
- Energy IV Vitamindrip – the key components in this solution are dextrose combined with B vitamins and magnesium, all of which are crucial in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the cellular energy source.
- Boost IV Vitamindrip – this drip is created for hydration and vitamin and mineral replenishment. The key components include vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and potassium.
What are the benefits of Vitamin IV injections?
We are living in stressful times, which affects our overall functioning. Faulty and adulterated diets, in turn, can lead to critical vitamin deficiencies, which can lead to disorders such as scurvy and weak bones and muscle owing to vitamin C and Vitamin D deficiency. Suppose you have been experiencing increased lethargy, dull skin, weakness, muscle, and joint pain, or are prone to infections. In that case, our vitamindrip therapy is just what you need.
- IV drips are the fastest and most efficient way to replenish your body with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- It helps with hydration and can improve conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, colon cancer, fibrosis and vitamin and nutritional deficiencies.
- It promotes better heart health by replenishing essential elements like calcium, arginine, and magnesium.
- Boosts energy naturally.
- Antioxidants ensure lower inflammation in the body and provide healthy and glowing skin.
- Promotes faster wound healing.
- Replenishing your body with essential vitamins helps with mental health issues, improves conditions such as insomnia and helps fight depression.
- Helps with weight management.
- It improves immunity and improves autoimmune diseases and conditions.
How often can you get an Iv vitamin drip?
Now that you are aware of the multiple benefits of IV vitamin drip therapy, an important question that may be invading your mind might be – How often can I get IV therapy?
Suppose you are undergoing IV injection therapy to fill the gap in your nutrition. In that case, we will advise you to come for one seating every two weeks. However, if you are seeking therapy for skin radiance or some specific disorder, then the best person to consult for the time required is one of the experts at B at the Top Medical Aesthetics in Windsor. In such cases, you may have to come weekly for a session followed by regular yearly follow-ups.
Suppose you want IV vitamin therapy to improve your overall health. In that case, one session per year or every six months is recommended for a boost.
Can Vitamin Injections be taken at home?
IV vitamin injections are usually administered at our centre, that is, in a medical office. It is generally recommended to use injections in a safe environment with an experienced professional.
Consequences of Missing Out On IV Drip Therapies
A consequence of living a fast-paced and stressful life is dull skin, excessive weakness and tiredness and susceptibility to infections and diseases. Replenishing your body with adequate hydration and essential nutrients allows you to stay at the top of your health. Missing out on this can make you prone to early ageing, dull skin, wrinkled skin and weakness. It can lead to vitamin C or Vitamin D deficiencies and even make you feel more tired than you are in reality. It can slow healing and make the recovery period last longer.
So, if you want to benefit from our vitamin drip therapies, reach out and schedule an appointment with us at B at the Top Medical Aesthetics. Our team of excellent dental professionals is here to assist you to a better overall health.