Everything You Need to Know About Dermal Fillers
B at the Top Medical Aesthetics uses Hyaluronic Acid Fillers to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and provides structure and volume to the face.
Dermal fillers are soft, gel-like substances injected under the skin.
The treatment can erase several years of skin damage, and wrinkles, leaving you with healthy, younger-looking skin. Below are the various aspects of Dermal fillers to help you make an informed choice.
How Do Dermal Fillers work?
Fillers restore lost volume and plump facial areas that have degenerated due to decreased collagen and elastin production, by-products of aging. Hyaluronic acid is injected into the skin to improve its ability to produce collagen and elastin, promoting a naturally youthful look. It integrates with your facial tissue to get natural-looking results.
Juvederm® by Allergan® and Restylane® by Galderma® are the dermal filler products we utilize at B at the Top Medical Aesthetics. Juvederm® uses VYCROSS, a proprietary cross-linking technology that provides longer-lasting results and improved lift. Each Restylane® and Juvederm® product has a specific goal: smoothing wrinkles, restoring volume for a subtle lifting effect, or filling in lines.
What Does it Treat?
Dermal fillers are considered the most effective skin rejuvenation treatment method as they require less recovery time. Dermal fillers help with the following aging signs and complexion issues:
- Laugh lines and wrinkles
- Restore sagging skin
- Tighten loose skin around the eyes
- Fuller lips by boosting skin’s collagen production.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
The process can take less than ten minutes, and depending on how well your body accepts hyaluronic acid, fillers can last from 6 months to up to 24 months. Performed in one session or multiple sessions for a more natural appearance until the desired result.
What Are The Side Effects/ Risks of Dermal Fillers?
Anesthetic cream before treatment can minimize the slight discomfort experienced after dermal filler injections.
Patients may notice the following temporary side effects experienced hours after the treatment: swelling, tenderness, and redness. A little discomfort and bruising after the procedure, which is also standard.
Dermal Fillers Aftercare
After injection of Dermal fillers, patients can go home after treatment. Patients must follow the following aftercare routine:
- Applying ointment to reduce swelling and pain. To help reduce bruising, we recommend the topical application of Arnica – a natural ointment.
- Within the First Hour of Treatment, there may be redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and itching near the injection site, and it generally disappears within a few hours to a few days. Avoid itching, massaging, or picking the injected area.
- Use an ice pack to mitigate swelling in the first 24-48 hours
- You can start wearing makeup five days after the treatment to camouflage the redness that results from dermal fillers, and can gently wash the area with chemical-free and oil-free products
- Sun exposure causes skin damage (aging, dark spots, and wrinkles). Wearing sunscreen is important for healthier skin and should be re-applied after every 4 hours of sun exposure.
- Within 7 Hours of treatment, avoid drinking alcohol or strenuous exercises, as it may result in additional bruising.
- Until the swelling heals, strictly avoid smoking before and after the treatment.
Where to get dermal fillers?
B At The Top Medical Aesthetics should be your one-stop-shop for all your skincare requirements. Dermal fillers and other skin rejuvenation procedures are available. Our website has a selection of skincare products that you can order. Please contact us during office hours if you have any questions.